Friday, January 9, 2009

The Sun Is New Every Day

This poor soul wrote a blog post about Hippocrates and Diogenes some time back. Well who knew it would affect certain others quite painfully. I had no such intentions at all. But it was made to appear that way by certain of my delightful enemies. Well, well, well!

Anyway the whole hell broke loose and some vouch that yours truly was seen running from scene so fast that only a blur was visible even to the keenest of the observers.( it’s involuntary, whenever a situation develops my first reaction is to test the strength of my heels.)

Well anyway I do not know what would happen this time, though there is no Hippocrates and Diogenes in it, it certainly deals with a Greek philosopher. Our Seaweed might steal it and forward it to interested parties possibly. He is very industrious in that regard.

The problems of having enemies to care for you!

You would not believe it. They are even into black magic now. The one thought they have foremost in their minds is about me. I can guarantee you that they do not think of their near and dear with the same intensity.

Well anyway that is another matter altogether.

Of late I am seriously thinking about marketing my brand name “I knew Einstein’ and sitting idle and pocketing all the money from the sale. Any takers? I often have such nice and wonderful dreams too -Living in a multi billion dollar house with a vast swimming pool and all the other paraphernalia. A mini theatre and a bar are indispensible in it as you know.

A top class chef also is a must. I don’t cook anything else than prose now (What prose man? It is gross!). But I like caviar and expensive wines though I have never seen any such in my life. I would like to live a seven star life, is there any more stars than that I wonder? Some might be itching to answer, but don’t, none of this is serious if you want to me to spell it out myself.

Oh god what have I come to!
Coming back to my dreams, I would like to have a limo though there are not enough god roads in our parts of the world to drive them on. Osho had about ninety expensive cars they say. Do I have enough spiritual wares to make it big like that? Who knows!

A chopper would also be nice to have when you are pressed for time. A personal jet would be handy too, if one wants to visit the other countries and spend a few weeks there, just to relax you know. Mauritius and the Caribbean would do fine.

Anyway I am expecting to accomplish all that with the sale of my brand name. (I can’t even laugh at my poor jokes anymore)
You might wonder what all this have to do with Greek philosophers. Nothing actually. Not a single thing.
Haven’t you guessed it by now, I don’t care for the beginning, middle and end and other such shit about writing? I did do such things years back. It was a bore, I am into expressionism now. I think that the shit I write would qualify as timeless world literature. Now about the Greek.

I have been reading about Heraclitus and am impressed by him. He was not a nice man at all and only approved of one philosopher in his time. The reason for his good opinion of the other guy was that the guy thought most men to be bad. Need more be said?

Strangely he believed like he great Buddha that the would is in a state of flux. But along with it believed that the primary force in the world was fire. Fire when cooled becomes water.

Cool.

Well why I am writing about him? Well why not! He deserves a mention like every one else in the world. He also said some wonderful things like

“Good and ill are one “

“You cannot step twice into the same river; for fresh waters are ever flowing in upon you."

"The sun is new every day."

I like the second saying a lot. It has always induced poetic fancy in me. There is some thing infinitely poetic about it -The ever fresh river, as a metaphor of change there is none such.

Period.

No comments: