Thursday, January 29, 2009

Have mercy on us poor sinners

There are things and people who come to our lives quite uninvited. Perhaps we have caused it in some way. I too have had such experiences in my life. But in my poor enemy’s case this seems to be even worse. Invariably he does some silly thing and then start to reap the rewards for it. Mostly much in excess too. That is the sad part.

There is this story: The father tells his son to think thrice before doing anything in his absence and goes out.

When he returns he finds his son with his head locked in between the horns of their pet ox. The oxen sometimes have long curved horns as you know (Don’t kill me for writing this!). If you really want to, you can just squeeze your head in between them.

No doubt it could be a pretty thrilling experience too. Especially if the ox is a rowdy one. The poor guy would not get enough time to reflect on his folly, or so it appears to the rest of the world.

Anyway the father extricates his son from horns of the ox and asks:

Did I not tell you to think thrice before doing something?

The son replied.

What the hell do you mean? I must have thought at least a hundred times before doing that!

Well my dearest enemy finds himself in the same predicament. There are things which you can’t cure however you try. His pet personal silliness is one such. True he does not indulge in it as he used to do once. Old age has mellowed him somewhat.

His recent seriously imprudent exploit has left him high and dry on the land with no lady in it. Some kind friend of his called it “A humbling experience “. Without doubt, it has been a humbling experience alright.

I do find that his inanity has some hidden purpose behind it. It could be divinely ordained even. It must have some deep objective that I am not aware of. It might suddenly illuminate my mental space as if by a bolt of lightening and shows me for what he is. I am waiting for this to happen.

It could be an interesting revelation too. He might know that he has been doomed to fail all along. But like most people in the world he followed his fancy without thinking about the consequences and is currently having it very good on all fronts.
He does not appear at the work place often too. Sad it is.

They say land and lady is behind every trouble. I don’t know whether the feminists would approve of this saying. It’s a man’s world still isn’t it?

Anyway the lady has quit calling him Ente chettaaa now perhaps at his express behest. (Chetta in this case means ‘my very own sweet elder dear’. Actually ‘Chetta’ is a word used to address an elder brother in our poor tongue. But when girls call their lovers or husbands ‘chettaaa’ there is no blood ties implied. It shows nearness and respect and trust, I believe. I can’t get into the mind of a woman and dissect what is there. I don’t know if they mean something else by that.)

It is reported that she had inadvertently let the endearing name drop off her sweet mouth while the rest of the staff was having lunch. It spread like a wild fire, her lunch time lady companions spreading it with ritualistic fanaticism. I never could have learned about this unless one ardent lady told me of it even forgetting that we belonged to rival camps.

He has aged somewhat after the incident. Looks an old man all of a sudden. Honestly he is much younger than that. He is younger to me too. I don’t know how he learned about it. He can refute or deny his connection with the bright lady but a revelation of this sort has the added strength of making it crystal clear and establishing truth beyond any doubts what so ever.

I really feel sorry for him. He should have not let such things come out. Women are the most fickle of all fickle phenomena (Not all women mind you I have seen strong women). They are probably jealous too of the lady. She is new this environment and may have no idea how things work in it.

I also do not know whether the jealous ones are trying to make use of me to get back at the poor man. It is also possible. They might be aiming to eliminate all their threats at one go. I am their sworn enemy; the new girl has irritated them because of her youth and sexiness. The chettan may have been guilty of not showing them the kind of attention he had been showing before.

Anyway they could launch a grand offensive against this poor soul after this post. The only consolation is that there is nothing unusual in it. They are at it day and night.

The poor dude could murder me too, has wife and kids. Swami SaraNam!

No comments: